[gsoc-dev] Fwd: [ganeti_webmgr] "Ganetiviz" Cluster Visualization app added - Ready for pull into "develop" (#5)

pranjal mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 11:10:10 UTC 2013

Hello Chance,

Ah, I get the point! I will prioritize working on a fix for these speed
issues so that there are no problems in production environments with a lot
of nodes and vms (data).

Firstly I need to know whether the *speed bottleneck* really lies in the
fetching the data from GWM or in the rendering of the graph (Case A or B
mentioned ahead)

*Case A* - Fetching JSON (which indirectly hits the database)
*Case B* - Javascript code responsible for rendering.

Checking Case A - Does it take some time when you access:
 /ganetiviz/(cluster-slug)/vms?

Checking case B - Does it take a time significantly different than twice of
Case A to generate a cluster map when you hit - */map/(cluster-slug)?*
*
*
I would need your feedback after this code is test run on production again.*
*

I could create a test_feature/13569 branch which adds profiling and timing
to the views so that this is easier to spot the "slow code" location this
way?
OTOH, I have spotted areas where ganetiviz Javascript needs to be optmized,
working on that too.

- Pranjal