[gsoc-dev] [GSoC 2014] Tasks for the Data Centre Tools project

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Mon Mar 10 15:43:58 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM, Emaad Ahmed Manzoor
<emaadmanzoor at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks for the reply!
>
> I have written a small CLI for doing this. Here is a link to the gist:
>
> https://gist.github.com/emaadmanzoor/6db702d1aae02c7f906e
>
> Due to the lack of pyipmi documentation, I have chosen APIs based on how
> people in the community are using it. Please do provide your feedback in
> case I have missed something. Unfortunately I do not have access to a
> machine on which I could test this. I have made sure there are no
> syntactical errors in the script, though.

Great work! I'll see if we can test it out on a few test machines we have
at the lab.

Do you have any experience making ncurses-like GUI's? I really envision
this app becoming an ncurses like interface or some other type of
console-based GUI.

Have you thought more about how you would write your proposal for this
project? What parts of the project would need to be done?

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson
Director