[gsoc-dev] [GSoC 2014] Tasks for the Data Centre Tools project

Emaad Ahmed Manzoor emaadmanzoor at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 19:22:14 UTC 2014

Thanks for taking a look!

I do not have experience with making ncurses UI, but I just took a look at
the curses Python library (http://docs.python.org/2/howto/curses.html). I
will write a simple UI using the curses library and integrate it with the
power cycle script.

These are some broad areas I have planned to cover in the project proposal:

1. Capability of running commands via SOL.
2. Power cycling the server.
3. Getting sensors values
4. Getting system event logs.
5. Building a UI (web/terminal based) to allow adding a machine (via
name/IP address) and then querying it for the information listed above.

It seems like pyipmi provides APIs for the above mentioned information. Is
there some other information that we could get via IPMI which would make
this tool more useful?

Thanks,
Emaad Ahmed Manzoor.