[gsoc-dev] Regarding GSOC 2014

Anurag Soni anuragsoni.iiith at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:12:16 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am a 4th yr undergraduate student pursuing my BTech in CSE at IIIT
Hyderbad, India.

I am interested in applying for OSL in Gsoc 2014. I had gone through this
year's idea page and am interested in applying for 'FTP Mirror Syncing'
project.

I am good at C/C++, python,bash; which are one of the requirements. I have
quite number of project in theses languages. Some of the projects are like:

*Building a Visualization Orchestration Laye*r: Build a fabric that can
coordinate the provisioning of compute resources by negotiating with a set
of Hypervisors running across
physical servers in the datacenter.

*Wikipedia Search Engine*: The objective of this project is to design a
scalable and efficient search engine using the Wikipedia data.

*Custom Linux Shell*: Built a Linux shell with redirection, pipes, signal
handling and background task functionality in C.

I had gone through the project idea, and got a good understanding of it.
Can someone please give me some guidance on, what should be my next step?

P.S.: I had also sent a mail on this mailing list showing my interest a
quite ago, but didn't receive any reply.

Thanks,
Anurag Soni,
BTech CSE,
IIIT Hyderabad.