[gsoc-dev] [GSoC 2014] Tasks for the Data Centre Tools project

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Mar 13 18:20:54 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 10:35 AM, Emaad Ahmed Manzoor <
emaadmanzoor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have written a small Python script that uses Curses and pyipmi to power
> on/off a machine. Using Python's Curses library, it takes user input for IP
> address, username and password. Here is the link to the gist:
>
> https://gist.github.com/emaadmanzoor/23268681cd47f8ef07d9
>
> Also, I have made a slight improvement to the code by doing some error
> handling to ensure graceful exit when the communication to the server
> fails. I am attaching the screenshots of the running program.

This is great! I think you're ready to now draft up a proposal. What I
recommend you do is write something up in Google Drive and then share it to
me and I'll share it with the rest of the OSL team. I recommend you read up
on the GSoC Student Guide [1] on how to write a good proposal.

Once you have a draft proposal, we can comment on it and work with you to
improve. And then finally you can submit it to Melange.

Do you have enough information on what we're looking for on this project as
far as features?

Thanks!

[1] http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/ch008_writing-a-proposal/

--