[gsoc-dev] Regarding GSOC 2014

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Thu Mar 13 18:38:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Anurag Soni <anuragsoni.iiith at gmail.com>wrote:

> I am a 4th yr undergraduate student pursuing my BTech in CSE at IIIT
> Hyderbad, India.
>
> I am interested in applying for OSL in Gsoc 2014. I had gone through this
> year's idea page and am interested in applying for 'FTP Mirror Syncing'
> project.
>
> I am good at C/C++, python,bash; which are one of the requirements. I have
> quite number of project in theses languages. Some of the projects are like:
>
> *Building a Visualization Orchestration Laye*r: Build a fabric that can
> coordinate the provisioning of compute resources by negotiating with a set
> of Hypervisors running across
> physical servers in the datacenter.
>
> *Wikipedia Search Engine*: The objective of this project is to design a
> scalable and efficient search engine using the Wikipedia data.
>
> *Custom Linux Shell*: Built a Linux shell with redirection, pipes, signal
> handling and background task functionality in C.
>
> I had gone through the project idea, and got a good understanding of it.
> Can someone please give me some guidance on, what should be my next step?

I just finally published the code [1] we use with our current mirroring
setup. Its not well documented unfortunately but hopefully reading the
docs we do have and the code will help.

I recommend you look it over and then either write a draft proposal and
share it with me or discuss on this list or IRC any questions you have.

[1] https://github.com/osuosl/osuosl-mirror-sync

> P.S.: I had also sent a mail on this mailing list showing my interest a
> quite ago, but didn't receive any reply.

I apologize for that! I thought I had replied to everyone but I must have
missed you.

Thanks-

--
Lance Albertson