[gsoc-dev] [GSoC 2014] Tasks for the Data Centre Tools project

Emaad Ahmed Manzoor emaadmanzoor at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 18:39:55 UTC 2014

Thanks again for taking a look!

I will start working on the proposal. These are some broad areas I have
planned to cover in the project proposal/timeline:

1. Capability of running commands via SOL.
2. Power cycling the server.
3. Getting sensors values
4. Getting system event logs.
5. Building a UI (web/terminal based) to allow adding a machine (via
name/IP address) and then querying it for the information listed above.

I gathered these requirements from the project description. Are there other
features of the project that I have missed in the list above?

Thanks,
Emaad Ahmed Manzoor.