[gsoc-dev] Fwd: What's Fresh : GSoC 15'

Pranjal Mittal mittal.pranjal at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 10:22:43 UTC 2015

(Adding in the list alias)

Hi Amar,

You should start by having a look at the developer docs of Whats Fresh and
set up the dev environment locally:
http://whats-fresh.readthedocs.org/en/latest/dev/development.html

You could read about the Django web framework here [1] if you are not
familiar with it. I would definitely recommend some understanding of Django
even if you are working on the mobile app side.

[1] https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/1.7/

Best,
- Pranjal

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:03 AM, Amar Budhiraja <amar.budhiraja1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am a junior undergrad student. I come from a software engineering
> background with Java/Android,C/C++ and Python as my expertise.
> I was looking into OSUOSL's GSoC  project ideas and I found What's Fresh
> an interesting one and most suitable to my profile, given my experience
> with Android.
> Can someone please guide me as to where should I start? Wire framing or a
> mock proposal?
>
> Thank you
>
> Sincerely,
> Amar Budhiraja