[gsoc-dev] [Gsoc]Data Center Tools

Gorantla sai gorantla.sai5 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 5 11:42:50 UTC 2015

Hi ,

     I am Gorantla Sai from IIT-BHU , India . I am python developer and
interested in web applications , Networking , web application security . I
have previous experience with C++ , bash , JavaScript , Docker  and various
python Frameworks like Django , twisted and Flask .

      I am interested in working on Data-center-tools
<http://wiki.osuosl.org/gsoc/ideas2015.html#gsoc2015-data-center-tools>
project . I have used snmp in python using  snimpy
<http://snimpy.readthedocs.org/en/latest/> library , The Data-center-tools
project  mentions that  i should build command line driven or web app
driven interface that allows for viewing and addition of machines and PDUs
and various functionalities using snmp . Unfortunately I don't have  access
to a pdu to test it's functionality using snmp . If possible can you please
provide me a packet capture data of PDU while configuring it using snmp, so
that i can learn more about configuring the  pdu   or restricted ssh access
as normal user to any pdu , Any other suggestions or alternatives are
welcome . Thanks .

Cheers,
Gorantla Sai