[gsoc-dev] [Gsoc]Data Center Tools

Kennric kennric at osuosl.org
Thu Mar 5 17:50:41 UTC 2015

Hello, and thank you for writing.

We don't really have a way for you to access our PDUs, but we can give
you a little information.

Currently we have some tools and a prototype API for IPMI, which we will
use with our server machines. We would like to integrate an snmp
back-end to this so that we can also manage PDUs with the same API, and
then build a simple command-line interface for using that API. A web
interface would be nice too, but the command line is probably the first
step.

The IPMI project is on github: https://github.com/osuosl/igor-rest-api
And some experiments with SNMP here: https://github.com/osuosl/snmp_sandbox

The snmp_sandbox repo contains some brainstorm ideas for unified
ipmi/snmp interface in DESIGN.md, and you will find the mib file and OID
tree for our PDUs (Sentry 3) in the ref/ directory.

This project is still being refined, we will be adding a more concrete
set of feature requirements soon, and we are open to ideas for better
ways to do what we are trying to do.

Thanks,
Ken