[Intel-wired-lan] stopping 10GC(x540T2) port does not down the link

Wen Chiu Wen.Chiu at brocade.com
Sat Sep 12 00:28:02 UTC 2015

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your prompted response. First of all, let me clarify the issue. The issue was first seen with our vRouter running DPDK. To isolate it, we setup a Ubuntu 13.4 based baremetal box to try the same and the issue was also seen. So, it is now genuine linux (driver?) issue.

I did try what you suggest and used ethtool to see the eth8 status below. Both ports are already set to "d".
wen at wen-PowerEdge-R620:~$ sudo ethtool eth8 |grep Wake
        Supports Wake-on: d
        Wake-on: d
wen at wen-PowerEdge-R620:~$ sudo ethtool eth9 |grep Wake
        Supports Wake-on: d
        Wake-on: d

After I administratively disable eth8, eth9 (the other end of the connected port) still shows UP. Any other ideas? Please let me know.

Thanks,
Wen Chiu