[Intel-wired-lan] [next-queue 15/17] fm10k: change default Tx ITR to 25usec

Keller, Jacob E jacob.e.keller at intel.com
Wed Oct 14 16:31:44 UTC 2015

On Wed, 2015-10-14 at 09:23 -0700, Alexander Duyck wrote:
> The 36Gb/s number is pretty impressive and may be pushing you into
> other
> limits.  What does the CPU utilization look like for your test?  Do
> you
> see the thread handling the workload get fully utilized?  Also have
> you
> tried enabling XPS to see if maybe you could squeeze a bit more out
> of
> the core that is doing the test by improving locality?
>
> - Alex

I don't have those offhand but I can go measure. I have already enabled
XPS in my setup with this test, though currently the default driver
doesn't enable it, so I do it manually. Without XPS, I get
significantly worse performance.

I will try to get CPU utilization numbers soon for this. And I'll also
try UDP_STREAM and TCP_STREAM both.

Regards,
Jake