[Intel-wired-lan] Latest dev-queue pull has i40e VFs reporting "Device still in reset"

Bowers, AndrewX andrewx.bowers at intel.com
Wed Mar 16 18:12:00 UTC 2016

I'm not seeing the reset, but I get a permission denied error trying to echo 4 to /sys/class/net/[device]/device/sriov_numvfs and an ls of the directory shows no sriov_numvfs file present... I can do it with my ixgbe device, but not my i40e device.  I went back to a few different kernels from earlier this week, last week, and the week before with the same results. Since I know it WAS working earlier, I tried the stock kernel and get "no such file or directory"... I'm thinking it's an issue with my card, although I wonder if yours is related. I'll try a few things with mine and see if I get anywhere.