[Intel-wired-lan] [E1000-devel] i40e card Tx resets

zhuyj zyjzyj2000 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 02:20:49 UTC 2016

On 03/16/2016 10:36 PM, Sowmini Varadhan wrote:
> On (03/16/16 19:46), zhuyj wrote:
>
>> It is busy today. Tomorrow I will share the steps about pktgen tools.
> Ok. I can give that a try on my machine. It would be good to
> have some way to reproduce this as simply as possible, maybe
> we can take the discussion to netdev to see if others there
> have experienced this.
>
> --Sowmini

1. modprobe NET_PKTGEN

2. download the tar file and uncompress to any directory.
This tar file is from kernel. It is in samples/pktgen/

3. cd pktgen

4. pktgen_sample02_multiqueue.sh -i ethx -s size -t cpu_number

If size is set to a big number, the similar defect will occur.
Adjust this size to a appropriate number, my defect will not occur.

In the test, I found some types igb nic, such as i210, will work well no
matter the size is a big number.
some nic, such as 82580, it will not work well if the size is too big.

As such, I think my problem results from the hardware and the big size
triggers this problem.

I hope this can help us all.

Zhu Yanjun