[Intel-wired-lan] [net v2 0/5] igb: fix ptp suspend/resume issue

Brown, Aaron F aaron.f.brown at intel.com
Tue May 17 01:57:51 UTC 2016

I have not isolated it to the exact patch yet, but one of the patches in this series is causing my systems to lock up with a call trace.  I am currently unable to capture the trace in any form other than a bitmap (which I'll send to Jacob but am not attaching here.)  The trace is really several splats a few minutes apart.  The exact text / procedure calls of the first one seems to vary, but it seems to be in a wakeup routing with "do_page_fault", "? _raw_spin_lock_irq", "? timecounter_read", "? _raw_spin_lock_irqsave", "igb_ptp_gettime_82576" and "igb_ptp_overflow_check" showing up prominently in at least a few instances.  Usually it moves to the next trace before I can get a snapshot.  The follow on trace is where it usually stops with a RIP:, bunch of hex, stack info and a Call Trace saying "arch_cpu_idle", "default_idle_call", "cpu_startup_entry" and "start_secondary" called out.