[Intel-wired-lan] NFS over NAT causes e1000e transmit hangs

Florian Fainelli f.fainelli at gmail.com
Sun Apr 23 17:08:15 UTC 2017

On 04/22/2017 11:46 PM, Neftin, Sasha wrote:
> On 4/20/2017 00:15, Florian Fainelli wrote:

>>> Please, try disable TCP segmentation offload: ethtool -K <adapter>
>>> tso off.
>> I am not able to reproduce the hangs with TSO turned off. Is there a
>> specific patch you would want me to try?
>
> Please, work with TSO turned off so. There is no patch for this specific
> problem.

OK, are not we interested in somehow being able to identify such
problematic packets coming from the networking stack and force not using
TSO for those? Would an acceptable solution be to force the disabling of
TSO for this specific NIC model (provided it is some kind of HW bug)?

NB: I understand this is very old hardware for you at Intel, but
conversely, it is very widespread, and chances of people running into
similar issues are pretty high, so fixing it once would de-facto lower
the amount of support you'd have to provide in the future.

Thanks
--
Florian