[Intel-wired-lan] Runtime PM enabled I210 does not respond on cable plug event

Kai-Heng Feng kai.heng.feng at canonical.com
Thu Aug 3 04:59:32 UTC 2017

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 5:48 AM, Fujinaka, Todd <todd.fujinaka at intel.com> wrote:
> Sorry it took so long to get back to you. This is a high volume list of commits and you really should be using e1000-devel at sourceforge.net or linux-nics at intel.com for questions.

Sorry about that. It's because [1] lists here for "in-kernel support".
If it's not the best place for that, probably the page should be
updated...

> What are you trying to do? There's a good chance the PME bits are overridden by the NVM. Please check the i210 data sheet for more information. You should be able to find it on the intel.com web site and the easiest way to find it is to use google.

What I tried to do is to make i210 (igb) responses to ethernet cable
plug event when it's runtime suspended, i.e. igb_runtime_resume() not
being called.

Can you provide more information on when the NVM overrides the PME
bits, and how to disable this behavior? Also, the sheet mentioned a
"flash-less" mode - how do I enable it?

[1] https://sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/