[Intel-wired-lan] i40e MDD events

Dan Streetman dan.streetman at canonical.com
Fri Sep 29 12:17:24 UTC 2017

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 7:27 PM, Wyborny, Carolyn
<carolyn.wyborny at intel.com> wrote:
> [...]

it's running 5.05

>  ethtool -i output or dmesg log should provide it.  I believe the device needs a fw update.   They are available  on our download center here:  https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24769
> A fw update will usually require a driver update as well, but the fw version info from the user will help with this determination.

I see you just added a new 6.01 fw a little over a month ago, is there
a known fw problem related to this that 6.01 fixes?  I'll ask them to
update anyway, to see if it helps.

Can you answer my questions about specifically what events in the NIC
will cause it to generate a MDD, and specifically what does MDD event
"2" indicate?