[Intel-wired-lan] Linux 4.12+ memory leak on router with i40e NICs

Alexander Duyck alexander.duyck at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 14:11:43 UTC 2017

On Mon, Oct 16, 2017 at 4:20 AM, Pavlos Parissis
<pavlos.parissis at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 15/10/2017 02:58 πμ, Alexander Duyck wrote:
>> Hi Pawel,
>>
>> To clarify is that Dave Miller's tree or Linus's that you are talking
>> about? If it is Dave's tree how long ago was it you pulled it since I
>> think the fix was just pushed by Jeff Kirsher a few days ago.
>>
>> The issue should be fixed in the following commit:
>> https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/davem/net.git/commit/drivers/net/ethernet/intel/i40e/i40e_txrx.c?id=2b9478ffc550f17c6cd8c69057234e91150f5972
>>

> Do you know when it is going to be available on net-next and linux-stable repos?
>
> Cheers,
> Pavlos

Hi Pavos,

My guess would be a week or two for net-next since it normally has to
go from the net tree, into Linus's tree, and then back into net-next.
As far as stable, I believe there is some queue that Dave has to
submit the patch into for that. Beyond that I have no idea what the
timelines are like in order for a patch to make it into any given
stable kernel release.

I added Dave to the Cc since I am kind of guessing at the process and timelines.

Hope that helps.

- Alex