[Intel-wired-lan] i40e Q

Dan Siemon dan at coverfire.com
Thu Oct 4 13:49:26 UTC 2018

On Wed, 2018-10-03 at 14:06 -0700, Jeff Kirsher wrote:
> > The qdisc config is essentially a large flat tree of HTB classes
> > each
> > with an FQ-CoDel qdisc attached (an eBPF program directs traffic to
> > the
> > appropriate class). At the moment I can't reproduce that easily
> > without
> > our software but I can write a script to create the same structure
> > if
> > that would be helpful.
>
> If you could provide a script to create the same structure, that
> would
> be good.  You will most likely need to tar it up or put it in a text
> file to ensure it does not get stripped by mail servers.

I have attached a tarball with a short script that approximates the
qdisc setup that we use. When we see this problem, most of the classes
are seeing some traffic. If you need a way to generate traffic for all
these classes, I can provide a small program that does that (it just
spoofs a bunch of UDP traffic).