[Intel-wired-lan] [RfC] fix auto-negotiation after reconnect

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Wed Jan 16 17:33:43 UTC 2019

Am 15.01.19 um 16:43 schrieb Neftin, Sasha:
> You can make changes and resend patches 1 and 3. There is 'u8' type use instead of 'u16' - I not
> sure in benefit of it. Debug prints from patch 3 are essential I thought.

Regarding the u8: after I used the the reference of &cmd->base.duplex in the
e1000e_get_speed_and_duplex_copper call, the compiler complained about duplex being u8 in the UAPI
struct, but u16 as the duplex reference parameter.

The same actually happened when I tried the &cmd->base.speed, where the UAPI is u32, but internally
e1000e uses u16 in a lot of places.

I decided to keep u16 speed and change the few u8 duplex places. Really don't care, but if you have
a preference, I'll change it before sending v2, using a temporary duplex variable.

> Regard your problem. Fujitsu can contacts our customer representative.

Already in touch with Fujitsu.

Thanks for your help!

Jan-Marek