[Intel-wired-lan] [i40e][PLP reording frame]

Joerg.Hunsche at elektrobit.com Joerg.Hunsche at elektrobit.com
Wed Oct 23 13:50:02 UTC 2019

Hello,
we use INTEL X710-DA2 with i40e-2.10.19.30.
Configured socket flags SOCK_RAW and socket option PACKET_QDISC_BYPASS to bypass queuing, sending single-threaded.

When sending PLP-Ethernet-frames we observe a problem, that after ~2h a PLP-Ethernet-frame is send about 250frames later than it should be.
Our assumption is, that somehow more than one TX-queue is used, what we have to avoid.

Is there any configuration of the driver possible configuring a single Tx-queue?
Is there any means to get the driver to a state that only a single Tx-queue is used?

Thank you for your support.
Jörg Hunsche

EB Driving the Future of Software
Wolfgang-Paul Str. 4, 89081 Ulm
Phone: +49913177017653
Joerg.Hunsche at elektrobit.com<mailto:Joerg.Hunsche at elektrobit.com>
http://automotive.elektrobit.com<http://automotive.elektrobit.com/>

Elektrobit Automotive GmbH, Am Wolfsmantel 46, 91058 Erlangen, Germany
Managing Directors Alexander Kocher, Gregor Zink
Register Court Fürth HRB 4886