[Intel-wired-lan] 答复: bad iperf3 tcp performance of Intel 10G NIC when MTU is 9000

Yi Yang (杨燚)-云服务集团 yangyi01 at inspur.com
Fri Feb 7 00:13:43 UTC 2020

Alex, thank you so much for your great suggestion. We have double checked switches, they have set jumbo frame support, we ran iperf3 to check performance, iperf3 udp is ok even if MTU is set to 9000, so we can believe no other traffic resulted in network congestion. Iperf3 tcp performance is about 8.9Gbps if MTU is set to 1500, but it is just about 3 Gbps if MTU is set to 9000. Iperf3 udp performance is about 8.9Gbps if MTU is set to 9000.

I also checked the same thing in another environment, which used i40e but not ixgbe, all the cases are ok, that is why I doubt it is a kernel or driver or firmware issue, did you receive similar issue report?