[Intel-wired-lan] Security issue with vmxnet3 and e100 for AMD SEV(-SNP) / Intel TDX

Kirill A. Shutemov kirill.shutemov at linux.intel.com
Mon Jan 11 13:26:02 UTC 2021

On Fri, Jan 08, 2021 at 03:31:56PM +0000, Radev, Martin wrote:
> Just noticed that Intel TDX already does the device filtering. Check: https://github.com/intel/tdx/commit/6789eee52aab8985e49b362379fab73aa3eecde2
>
> CC-ing Kirill and Kuppuswamy from Intel in case they want to be part of the discussion.

+Andi.

Right. Our TDX guest enabling has white list of devices that allowed to be
used. For now it's only VirtIO, but I believe it also requires hardening.
We need to validate any VMM input.

It might be beneficial to have coordination between Intel and AMD on what
devices (and device drivers) considered to be safe for trusted computing.
I think we can share burden of code audit and fuzzing.

--
 Kirill A. Shutemov