[Intel-wired-lan] 710/i40e, RSS and 802.1ad (double vlan)

Dan Siemon dan at coverfire.com
Sun Feb 7 03:59:56 UTC 2021

On Sun, 2021-02-07 at 02:24 +0000, Brandeburg, Jesse wrote:
> Hi Dan, I am asking around to see what we can do, will get back to
> you in the coming week.

Thanks. I was looking at some old Intel presentations that sort of
hinted that the PPPoE DDP profile might support double VLANs. I've been
experimenting with that today without luck so far. The profile loads
fine (via ethtool) but I don't see any change in the traffic
distribution.

The GTP DDP package documentations says:

"To enable RSS for GTPv1-U with the IPv4 payload we need to map packet
classifier type 22 to the DPDK flow type. Flow types are defined in
rte_eth_ctrl.h; the first 21 are in use in DPDK 17.11 and so can map to
flows 22 and up. After mapping to a flow type, we can start to port
again and enable RSS for flow type 22:"

I haven't been able to find anything that hints at how to do something
like that outside of DPDK.