[Intel-wired-lan] [net-next 00/13] ice: implement support for PTP on E822 hardware

Keller, Jacob E jacob.e.keller at intel.com
Tue Jul 6 19:53:51 UTC 2021

Concrete numbers on which part? I'm not sure if we have concrete numbers on everything here. For the calibration process, according to the data sheet I have, it indicates that uncalibrated timestamps (i.e. in bypass mode) have an error of up to 1 clock cycle and calibrated timestamps should have an error of less than 1/8th of a clock cycle. Here clock cycle refers to the length of one tick on the clock source, and error refers to difference between actual start of reception or transmission vs time of when the timstamp is captured. I unfortunately am not at all sure how this was measured by the hardware folks...