[Intel-wired-lan] i40e pppoe rss

Jesse Brandeburg jesse.brandeburg at intel.com
Tue Oct 12 19:28:25 UTC 2021

On 10/11/2021 3:28 PM, Benjamin LaHaise wrote:
> I have been trying to get RSS working for incoming PPPoE packets with the
> Linux i40e driver.  After loading the DDP .pkgo file for PPPoE using
> "ethtool -f enp43s0f0 ppp-oe-ol2tpv2.pkgo 100", packets still come in on a
> single queue.  Changing destination IP addresses or port numbers in UDP
> packets does not result in any change in the ingress queue.  Are the
> ethtool commands required to enable RSS with PPPoE documented anywhere?
> The only documentation seems to rely on test-pmd with DPDK, but I am using
> the native Linux drivers and XDP.

Hi Ben, this was a known issue on an older package version, and since
you asked, we realized that the version on intel.com hasn't been updated
in a long time, and so doesn't have the fix.

We are working to correct the internal issues that lead to this stale
package being left there and not updated, and are grateful you pointed
us to the issue!

Please keep an eye out for the intel.com download page to be updated
with the latest PPPoE package. Once you have that, RSS should start
working correctly after loading the newer package.

Thanks for your patience, I don't have a direct ETA on this, but I did
start the ball rolling internally.

-Jesse