[Maintain] Re: [Maintain-dev] Import scripts and i18n

Brandon Philips brandon at osuosl.org
Mon Apr 11 09:46:12 PDT 2005

Yves-Alexis,

> I'm new on this list, and I dont know if it's the right place to write.
> (if it's not, please forward me to the correct one)

You might be better served by the general maintain list, and I have
cc'ed that list also.  So you can pick up with the thread there if it
takes off.

> I'm planning to deploy Maintain in the University of Rennes 1, France,
> to manage DNS and DHCP.
> I have two questions about features that could be useful in Maintain:
>
> - import scripts for dhcp, dns and zone configurations

Oregon State University made the transition to Maintain long ago from a
very customized system.  As such we don't have any scripts for importing
existing DNS data.  Purdue University has scripts that may work, and
they are on the maintain mailing list, and hang out in #maintain on
irc.freenode.net.

If I had the time I would invest it in doing zone transfers from DNS
servers into Maintain using this:

http://pear.php.net/package/Net_DNS

> - internationalization

Internationalization is not currently planned, but if you undertook such
an effort I would be willing to help with debugging, merging changes,
and of course maintaining the patches once they were in a proper state
to go into the tree.

Best Wishes,

Brandon

--
Brandon Philips
brandon at osuosl.org
"Open minds. Open doors. Open source." - osuosl.org