[Maintain] Re: [Maintain-dev] Import scripts and i18n

Nathan Butcher xqufa at yokohama.riken.jp
Tue Apr 12 00:58:45 PDT 2005

>>If I had the time I would invest it in doing zone transfers from DNS
>>servers into Maintain using this:
>>
>>http://pear.php.net/package/Net_DNS
>>

>Well, i'll give it a try.

Sounds like a good idea. If there was a way I could capture some zone
transfer output  and have a script turn it into a Maintain database all
ready to go- that would be great.That way, it doesn't matter what
DNS/DHCP management software you're moving away from, you could import
all the data.

....and making something like that sounds like a hell of a lot of work. :(

>>>- internationalization
>>>

>>Internationalization is not currently planned, but if you undertook such
>>an effort I would be willing to help with debugging, merging changes,
>>and of course maintaining the patches once they were in a proper state
>>to go into the tree.

In order to make a framework where you can easily localize Maintain, it
looks as if every single file of the Maintain package would need to be
re-written to accomodate this.
Until that gets done, I'm not about to localize anything, although I
want to   :(