[Maintain] Purdue Bind<->Maintain Import and Export Scripts

Leslie Arvin arvin at purdue.edu
Tue Apr 12 14:06:33 PDT 2005

I'm afraid a student member of Purdue University's Maintain project team
has jumped the gun and released Purdue code which has not been fully
tested and confirmed to work correctly.  Therefore, I want to make sure
that those who have copies of either the Purdue scripts to import Bind
data files into the Maintain database, or the scripts to export the
Maintain database into a Bind-readable format are aware that the code
is without warranty or guarantees that it will perform as desired or
intended.  Neither the authors nor Purdue University are responsible
for any consequences of the use of this software, and, unfortunately,
we cannot promise the released code is free of copyright issues.

We of Purdue's Maintain project team intend to ask Purdue University
for permission to give our code to Oregon State as part of the Maintain
development project, and we believe we can present an excellent case to
do so.  We hope for licensing terms such that the code is freely
distributable with a simple acknowledgement to Purdue for their
contribution.  However, we have not yet received official approval
from Purdue University of our proposed licensing terms.  We are bound
by the rules of our university and must abide by the guidelines set
by the Purdue department responsible for software distribution.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.

Meanwhile, if you have questions about our scripts or could benefit from our
experience, please feel free to ask for our help.

-- Leslie Arvin
    arvin at purdue.edu, Office: MATH B-060D, Phone: 765-496-3971
    Systems Administrator, ITI-Networks
    Purdue University, Information Technology at Purdue