[Maintain] Purdue Bind<->Maintain Import and Export Scripts

Greg Connor gconnor at sgi.com
Tue Apr 12 14:13:40 PDT 2005

On Tue, 12 Apr 2005, Leslie Arvin wrote:
> However, we have not yet received official approval
> from Purdue University of our proposed licensing terms.  We are bound
> by the rules of our university and must abide by the guidelines set
> by the Purdue department responsible for software distribution.

Hey Leslie,

Good luck with the project, and I know all of us are appreciative of the
effort.

If you run into resistance with the lawyers, make sure to let them know
whether any of the pieces you used as part of your project were borrowed from
elsewhere... If you borrow pieces of other scripts that are GNU-licensed, then
that should help convince them that parts of the project "might" be a
"derivitave work" and therefore an open-source release may be the only release
strategy that makes sense.

Hope that helps,
gregc

--