[Maintain] Re: [Maintain-dev] Import scripts and i18n

Brandon Philips brandon at osuosl.org
Wed Apr 13 16:48:54 PDT 2005

Yves-Alexis,

> > ....and making something like that sounds like a hell of a lot of work. :(
>
> Yes, but adding 10 000+ host into the maintain database is a lot of work
> too :/

If I had about 20 hours to spend on such a project I could make it
happen.  I don't believe it will be as much trouble as you believe.

> Yes, I understand, losing the translation after every single update is a
> pain. It's why I was asking if there was a project to simplify
> localization (with languages files).

Basically you would want to use the PHP GNU gettext libraries to make
creating localizations very easy.  Doing so would make it easier for
everyone.  It will be quite the undertaking, but once someone gets it
done once I will help make sure it stays maintained.

-Brandon

--
Brandon Philips
brandon at osuosl.org
"Open minds. Open doors. Open source." - osuosl.org