[Maintain] question re: subnets and ranges

Leslie S Arvin arvin at purdue.edu
Fri Apr 29 13:56:04 PDT 2005

When I try to create a new IP Range with "Enabled", "Static" as a Full
Administrator, I get "There was no subnet found for this IP Range".
I want to define an IP range to constrain the address space for a Zone.
I've created IP Ranges without defining a subnet for the range before.
Why am I getting an error this time?

What is the relationship between subnets and IP ranges when one is not
using DHCP?  We are not implementing DHCP in Maintain at this time.

This is for Maintain 2.4.1 and 2.4.2-RC2.

Thanks!

-- Leslie Arvin
    arvin at purdue.edu, Office: MATH B60-D, Phone: 765-49-63971
    Systems Administrator, ITI-Networks
    Purdue University, Information Technology at Purdue