[Maintain] question re: subnets and ranges

Greg Connor gconnor at sgi.com
Fri Apr 29 15:18:13 PDT 2005

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005, Leslie S Arvin wrote:

> When I try to create a new IP Range with "Enabled", "Static" as a Full
> Administrator, I get "There was no subnet found for this IP Range".
> I want to define an IP range to constrain the address space for a Zone.
> I've created IP Ranges without defining a subnet for the range before.
> Why am I getting an error this time?

There are a couple of error messages that are misleading.  In particular there
is one when creating a subnet when the block does not exist, but instead of
saying "no such block" it says "no such range".

I'm pretty sure you can't create a Range without a Subnet... but I haven't
actually tried just a block and a range (no subnet). Also if you don't care
about blocks and subnets, you can create 0.0.0.0/0 and be done with it :)