[Maintain] Dynamic pools in Maintain 2.4.2RC2

Massimo Vignone vignone at unimo.it
Fri Aug 5 04:20:25 PDT 2005

Quoting Greg Connor <gconnor at sgi.com>:

> I had this same issue.  There is a bit in Maintain.pm that generates a line
> "allow known clients" if you select Yes to allow all clients.  (Maintain
> assumes as you found out that all clients are registered).
>
> In my environment I just changed this to "allow all clients" - this allows
> whether you are a member of any groups or not.  If you want a subnet
> restricted to certain clients you can still do that... we have all our ranges
> set to Yes to allow all.

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply.

As suggested, I modified the show_range.inc file to reflect the new behaviour
and I modified the Maintain.pm file in the following way:

[...]

### Added by UniMO
  if ($data->{allow_all_hosts}) {
    print $fh qq{\t\tdeny dynamic bootp clients;\n};
  } else {
### End
  foreach my $zone (@{$data->{zone}}) {
    my $z = $self->get_zone($zone);
    print $fh qq{\t\tallow members of "$z->{name}:$start:$end";\n};
  }
### Added by UniMO
  }
### End

  print $fh "\t\trange $start $end;\n";

  #### This pool allows all hosts registered in maintain to get
  #### an ip from it.  Looks at the allow_all_hosts column of
  #### ranges in the db.

### Commented out by UniMO
# if ($data->{allow_all_hosts}) {
#   print $fh qq{\t\tallow known clients;\n};
# }
### End

[...]

I had to add 'deny dynamic bootp clients;' for failover.

The only problem is that now I have to replicate dhcp options in the subnet that
previously were only in the group block.

Max

--
Massimo Vignone

Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia        Tel.: +39.059.2056111
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione Fax:  +39.059.2056129
Via Vignolese 905/B - 41100 Modena (Italy)   ICQ:          5527929