[Maintain] Dynamic pools in Maintain 2.4.2RC2

Massimo Vignone vignone at unimo.it
Fri Aug 5 09:56:22 PDT 2005

Scrive Greg Connor <gconnor at sgi.com>:

> I am working on a patch that associates subnets with workgroups, so that you
> can configure many subnets to share the same options.  Before applying this,
> we had the same issue... I would prefer to have minimal options at the subnet
> level (i.e. only "routers") and configure many groups of subnets together for
> purposes of dns, netbios, etc.  In the default Maintain 2.4.2 the workgroups
> only apply to hosts.

This is what we intended to do...

> The patch is pretty much ready to be tested by others.  Are you interested in
> getting a copy of this?  I was planning to send it to the list some time next
> week.
>
> Note that the patch also changes config files around to support more than two
> DHCP servers, and multiple failover peers.  You can just ignore that part and
> continue to use "dhcp" as the failover peer if you want, and you would still
> get the workgroup/subnet benefits.

Yes I'm interested! We're working on patches for deploying multiple dhcp servers
in our branch offices, for redundancy.

Thanks in advance.

Max

--
Massimo Vignone

Universita' di Modena e Reggio Emilia        Tel.: +39.059.2056111
Dipartimento di Ingegneria dell'Informazione Fax:  +39.059.2056129
Via Vignolese 905/B - 41100 Modena (Italy)   ICQ:          5527929