[Maintain] Re: Maintain in Rennes 1

Danny Robert robert at osuosl.org
Fri Feb 10 17:52:20 PST 2006

We have been working towards providing translation support for the next
release of Maintain (currently designated as "Maintain 3.0").  We have
been converting as many of our English strings into gettext format,
meaning once translated files are in place, Maintain will choose the
proper list of strings based on your locale.  We would like your help,
if possible, in this process when we're ready.  My understanding is that
the output from us would be a file or two of English strings that need
translating.  If you would like to help out with a French translation,
we'd be very appreciative.

In regards to your question about IPv6, I'm sorry that we will not be
supporting this in the next release.  Hopefully, because of the new
modular design, we will be able to provide such support without too much
trouble in the future.  However, IPv6 involves a major change in network
design as well as encoding more information in the IP address.  What
used to be just an IP, followed by a subnet and network mask, can now
all be done in the IPv6 address, as well as routing information, which
makes such a transition very difficult.  That said, we are hoping to be
able to add IPv6 support in the future, and would appreciate user
feedback and help in making this happen once the new codebase is in place.

Thanks for your inquiries...let us know if there's anything else we can
help with.

-Danny