[Maintain] Re: Maintain in Rennes 1

angelini Pierre-antoine.angelini at univ-rennes1.fr
Sat Feb 11 01:14:34 PST 2006

Hi ,Danny

Danny Robert a écrit :
> We have been working towards providing translation support for the next
> release of Maintain (currently designated as "Maintain 3.0").  We have
> been converting as many of our English strings into gettext format,
> meaning once translated files are in place, Maintain will choose the
> proper list of strings based on your locale.
This is really good news.
>  We would like your help,
> if possible, in this process when we're ready.  My understanding is that
> the output from us would be a file or two of English strings that need
> translating.
This is what I expect too.
> If you would like to help out with a French translation,
> we'd be very appreciative.

I confirm that we're really interested by getting involved into such a
process.
I translated Nagios documentation to French, so I guess that translating
Maintain shouldn't be a problem.
> In regards to your question about IPv6, I'm sorry that we will not be
> supporting this in the next release.  Hopefully, because of the new
> modular design, we will be able to provide such support without too much
> trouble in the future.  However, IPv6 involves a major change in network
> design as well as encoding more information in the IP address.  What
> used to be just an IP, followed by a subnet and network mask, can now
> all be done in the IPv6 address, as well as routing information, which
> makes such a transition very difficult.  That said, we are hoping to be
> able to add IPv6 support in the future, and would appreciate user
> feedback and help in making this happen once the new codebase is in place.

Ok, then, we'll stick on providing a basic IPV6 support for us (i.e,
giving an IPV6 address to some computers) through light modifications of
Maintain. We'll be glad to provide feeback once "IPV6fied" Maintain
become a reality.

Mathieu did some work on VMPS, too.
> Thanks for your inquiries...let us know if there's anything else we can
> help with.

Well, actually, this is enough. We know that we'll have to go on with
actual version until next one.

Please, let me know when new version is near.

Best regards

PA Angelini