[Maintain] Session timeout.

Brad Morgan morgabra at osuosl.org
Tue Nov 20 00:30:04 UTC 2007

In the maintain.cfg file, which should be at the root of your maintain
installation, there is a value "timeout" that you can set to anything you
would like. In retrospect, we should be able to turn this popups off
all-together but for now you can just specify how long your sessions stay
alive.

Hope that helps.

On Nov 19, 2007 3:37 PM, Nielson, Adam <adam.nielson at hp.com> wrote:

> Some of our maintain users are wishing their sessions didn't time out so
> fast when using maintain.  Obviously there is the security risks, the load
> on the server and performance issues, etc relating to this.
>
> Regardless of the above, is there any way to make maintain not time out so
> fast?  I have tried in apaches httpd.conf:
>
> Timeout 9999999999
>
> KeepAlive On
>
> MaxKeepAliveRequests 0
>
> KeepAliveTimeout 9999999999
>

> I have also tried in my php.ini:
>
> max_execution_time = 9999999999
>
> max_input_time = 9999999999
>
> memory_limit = 32M
>

> It appears to keep my session longer than normal, however its still timing
> out within a few minutes. (although the information provided is longer than
> that)
>

> Any suggestions or ideas?  Our server hardware can take the load and
> performance hit.
>

> Thank you,
>

> Adam Nielson

Brad Morgan