[Maintain] Trouble creating range

Dawn Keenan dkeenan at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Nov 20 20:38:44 UTC 2007

Fox, Sam P wrote:
> I’m writing a perl script to import hosts from our BIND zone files and I
> need to know what data format I should convert the IP into.

The install/sql/maintain.sql file is a very handy resource for helping
you figure out what data goes where, in what format.

I've been throwing together a fairly patchy module to import DNS domains
and subdomains into Maintain (because I am that impatient sometimes),
mostly to test that it can correctly export the data for multiple
(Maintain) domains (BIND zones).  If anyone would care to look at
https://lauren.uwaterloo.ca/repos/maintain3/modules/dns_import/, I'd
appreciate any feedback on how to do a better job.

--
Dawn Keenan
Network Services, Information Systems and Technology