[Maintain] Help with creating a new subnet...

Nielson, Adam adam.nielson at hp.com
Mon Oct 1 17:16:36 UTC 2007

Ok, please pardon my complete ignorance and lack of understand; but I don't understand.

I followed your documentation at http://nsbuild.uwaterloo.ca/doc/newsubnet.html and why are you using the IP range 129.97.2.0 to 129.97.2.255, yet when you create the subnet its 129.97.123.0?

I have A.B.168.0 through A.B.171.255 completely for myself.  I put the IP range as this, but I cannot create a subnet.  I know my subnet mask is 255.255.248.0, but I cannot for the LIFE of me figure out what to put (after several failed attempts) in subnet.  I have even tried without VLANs, I have tried the range to be A.B.168.0 to A.B.168.255, and with/without VLANs, and still nothing.

Again please pardon my ignorance and complete lack of common sense, I am just recently assigned to DHCP administration, and obviously have a lot to learn.