[Maintain] Help with creating a new subnet...

Nielson, Adam adam.nielson at hp.com
Mon Oct 1 18:09:08 UTC 2007

Thank you for the help.

I appear to have Maintain running properly.  I have followed all the steps and set it up properly.

1) I create an IP range A.B.168.0 to A.B.171.255
2) I make sure its enabled.
3) I go to create a subnet.
4) I put subnet as A.B.168.0 and subnet mask as 255.255.248.0

I get an error back, whether I try to use a VLAN or not, as:

"Create a new Subnet
Form Errors
Please review the following error(s) below.
Subnet
        You have specified a subnet inside of an IP block that has not been created yet"

No matter what IP range I use, and what subnet entry I try, I ALWAYS get an error back on subnet.

Unless I try an invalid subnet, like A.B.178.0, then I get:

"Create a new Subnet
Form Errors
Please review the following error(s) below.
Subnet
        You have specified a subnet inside of an IP block that has not been created or enabled yet"

It appears I am using a proper subnet, but something in my configuration or setup is faulty?  Any suggestions?