[Maintain] Instructions/how-to guide/detailed troubleshooting steps

Nielson, Adam adam.nielson at hp.com
Wed Oct 3 20:47:03 UTC 2007

Yes, I have also tried it several times.  Starting over again with no IP block at all.  Up to this point in installation I have had no issues or errors.

1) Login as admin
2) go to admin section
3) create a new IP Block. (A.B.168.0 to A.B.171.255)
4) Make sure the enabled box is checked.
5) It saves successfully.
6) I can even log out and log back in, go to list IP Blocks, see my block created and there, and see under status its Enabled.
7) Go to admin section.
8) Go to create subnet.
9)  Give it a unique name, random name, same name as IP Block, whatever.
10) Make subnet = A.B.168.0 (the same as the start of the IP Block)
11) Make netmask = 255.255.248.0
12) Try it with or without VLANs, it doesn't matter.

It always comes back as, "Subnet  You have specified a subnet inside of an IP block that has not been created yet".

According to the instructions and such, the modules shouldn't even need to be set up or anything yet, but I have set all those .cfgs up, I have made sure they are enabled, etc.

I am at a loss for what is wrong or what to do.  Is there anything I can do to further troubleshoot or resolve this?  Anything however basic or complex I may be overlooking or can investigate?

It makes no sense to me, and I really like the development and potential of Maintain, and would like to roll it out in a corporate, production environment.

Thank you for your help.

- Adam