[Maintain] PHP 5 Compatibility

Kevin Purdy purdyk at net.oregonstate.edu
Tue Oct 30 23:20:14 UTC 2007

Sam,
	I've been running the Maintain 3 development trunk on PHP5 for a while now.
If you've got the DNS module added (in bin, do './modules.php --install build_dns'), calling the
cron module (also in the bin directory) will actually do the build.  Running the module
directly will produce this issue, as the module is a class that requires the rest of the maintain
framework to function.

Fox, Sam P wrote:
> Hello crew,
>
> We have PHP 5 on our machine that I'm trying to run maintain from.  The
> Maintain install went okay and I'm able to browse the site, but I'm
> getting nothing but errors when I try to add the DNS module by running
> build_dns.php.  Here's the error I get:
>
> Warning: require_once(MODDIR/module.php): failed to open stream: No such
> file or directory in
> /home/apache/htdocs/maintain/modules/build_dns/build_dns.php on line 40
>
> Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'MODDIR/module.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in
> /home/apache/htdocs/maintain/modules/build_dns/build_dns.php on line 40
>
> I'm trying to figure out if this is a PHP 5 incompatibility problem or
> if something else is amiss.  Is anyone running Maintain 3.0 with PHP 5?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Sam Fox

Kevin Purdy * Security Student
Network Engineering * Oregon State University