[Maintain] PHP 5 Compatibility

Kevin Purdy purdyk at net.oregonstate.edu
Tue Oct 30 23:42:16 UTC 2007

Sam,
	Make sure you're on the latest version of Maintain (you might have to pull from SVN, as we haven't made a release
with recent changes), as we just recently fixed a bug regarding modules and config files (namely, module dirs and config files
are all named lowercase, but modules refer to their class names, which are camel-case, a very silly bug indeed).  A quick fix
for this is to simply go in to the module and rename it to all lowercase (where it says 'class Build_DNS' to 'class build_dns').
This will fix the config file bug.  In regards to the other issue, I havent seen it before, but it sounds like a similar bug,
which is probably fixed in the trunk.

Fox, Sam P wrote:
> Thanks for the quick reply, Kevin!
>
> "build_dns successfully installed" -  I'm getting emails saying the
> config file is not readable from Maintain-  I'll play around with that.
> In an unrelated matter, we get the same warning 3 times at the top of
> the Maintain page when it loads:
>
> Warning: PHP5 set/get calls should match the case of the variable in
> /home/apache/htdocs/maintain/lib/php/pear/share/php/DB/DataObject.php on
> line 3623
>
> I don't think these are too serious- just curious if anyone had some
> insight into getting rid of them (besides disabling warnings...)
>
> Regards,
>
> Sam Fox

Kevin Purdy * Security Student
Network Engineering * Oregon State University