[Maintain] Dns support?

Nielson, Adam adam.nielson at hp.com
Wed Apr 16 22:18:48 UTC 2008

How are people currently using DNS (BIND) with maintain?

We currently run Maintain 3.1.0 to manually assign static Ips only for each client (its for a test environment and is required).

So, I am wanting when we put in the static IP reservation in maintain and give it the hostname, this automatically goes into DNS, thus obviously resolving that hostname on the network for clients in DNS.

In addition to, is there a way I can manually take a excel spreadsheet or list and import it into DNS?

If not, can I have existing static Ips in maintain automatically update DNS so the hostnames are resolvable?

Another question, if say a printer tries to force its hostname, is dynamic DNS what is making it force that hostname in our existing DNS?  Can I have this NOT happen, while still having maintain update DNS automatically?

Thank you,

Adam Nielson