[Maintain] build_dns module

Dawn Keenan dkeenan at mailservices.uwaterloo.ca
Thu Mar 6 15:36:54 UTC 2008

Fox, Sam wrote:
> Is it possible to use this module to just build the "dns.data" without
> having maintain try to push it to a remote server?  I can’t get maintain
> to generate the "dns.data" file and would appreciate any suggestions on
> things to try/check.

While djbdns uses a single data file, BIND uses a separate data file for
each domain (called a zone in BIND, which is different from a zone in
Maintain) as well as a configuration file which maps the zone files to
DNS domains. The BIND zone files and named.conf configuration file are
written to a directory under the BUILD directory, not a file. The name
of the directory is build_dir in the build_bind section of the
module-specific configuration.

--Dawn