[Maintain] build_dns module

Petersen, Kirsten J - NET Kirsten.Petersen at oregonstate.edu
Sat Mar 15 00:08:24 UTC 2008

Sam,

Sorry for the very slow reply.

So!  The build process has changed, but the documentation has not been
updated.  I'll try to get that fixed shortly.

Note: I'm working from the latest copy out of SVN, so these steps may
not apply to you, fyi.

Setting up tiny dns build:

Install the module:
  cd ~prefix/maintain/bin
  modules.php -i build_dns

Configure build_dns:
  cd ~prefix/maintain/modules/build_dns
  cp build_dns.cfg.dist build_dns.cfg
  vi build_dns.cfg (customize as needed)

Enable the module:
  cd ~prefix/maintain/bin
  ./modules.php -e build_dns

Running the build script:
  cd ~prefix/maintain/bin
  cron.php -r -o (-o to build files only, no push)

After that, you should have a ~prefix/maintain/build/dns.data file.

Kirsten Petersen
Network Services * Oregon State University
http://oregonstate.edu/net * irc.oregonstate.edu #osu-is
"But it's the truth even if it didn't happen."  -Ken Kesey