[Maintain] Static IP range works but after split to create new dynamic range, it wont vend dynamic IPs

Nielson, Adam (Adecco Engineering & Technical) adam.nielson at hp.com
Thu Jan 22 01:48:21 UTC 2009

We have had maintain up and running for over a year.  In our unique R&D environment we have no dynamic IPs.  We created our IP block: 10.0.1.0 to 10.0.4.255.

Have the proper subnet, had one workgroup created, had all IPs in the range in one range, had one domain, no VLAN, default DHCP options, and our two name servers.

So, we would create a new host in the static IP range as a static reservation.  No one could obviously get a dynamic IP without a reservation, and everything worked fine.

Now we are wanting to take a small segment and make it dynamic.  I have split the range 3 times, taken the middle range of 100 IPs and made it dynamic.  I have left all other options the same such as its in the same domain, same workgroup, etc.

When i try to grab a dynamic IP, nothing is vended.  I am not sure what is wrong or what could be happening.

Any advice or suggestions is greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Adam Nielson
Adecco Engineering and Technical
LTL Server/Systems Administrator