[opencompute-hosting-announce] Excessive Heat Warning - Need to power down systems

Lance Albertson lance at osuosl.org
Sat Jun 26 18:28:38 UTC 2021

All,

I apologize for the short notice, but we will need to power down all of the
open compute systems due to an excessive heat warning [1] [2] that's
happening locally. This is to both protect the systems and ensure we don't
cause other issues with the systems we need to keep on in the same room.

I plan to keep the systems off at least through today and tomorrow and even
possibly through Monday depending on the forecast.

Again, this *only* effects our *open compute systems* and not our primary
data center in another building.

Thank you for your patience and apologies for the impact this will make!

[1]
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Corvallis&state=OR&site=PQR&textField1=44.5647&textField2=-123.261&e=0
[2]
https://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=ORZ008&warncounty=ORC003&firewxzone=ORZ603&local_place1=Corvallis%20OR&product1=Excessive+Heat+Warning&lat=44.5647&lon=-123.261